Volunteer Opportunities at The AutoEthnographer
The AutoEthnographer is seeking to fill the following volunteer opportunities.
New to autoethnography? Visit What Is Autoethnography? How Can I Learn More? Interested in contributing? View our editorial board’s What Do Editors Look for When Reviewing Evocative Autoethnography? And check out our Submissions page. View Our Team to learn about our editorial board. Please see our Work with Us page to learn about volunteering at The AutoEthnographer. Visit Scholarships to learn about our annual student scholarship competition.
Editorial Board Members
We are currently seeking experienced autoethnographers to volunteer on the Editorial Board in a number of ways. The Editorial Board members’ responsibilities require 1-2 hrs/mo and will include:
- Vetting submissions based on area of expertise, 1-2x/mo.
- Creating content 2-3x/yr.
- Curating digital exhibitions, special issues, or other magazine features.
- Utilizing Gmail and Google products for team collaboration.
- Participation in a team-wide WhatsApp discussion group for communication and planning.
- Participation in teamwide Zoom meetings, 2x/yr.
- Participation in individual meeting with Editor-in-Chief, 2x/yr.
- Advising the Editor-in-Chief.
Requirements: Board Members must be willing to make a 12-month commitment and will have already published one or more autoethnographies in academic or popular outlets. Editorial Board Members are expected to make a time commitment of 1 – 2 hours monthly.
To apply, or for more information, please send an email with c.v. and statement of interest to [editor at theautoethnographer dot com]
Photo of team hands together by Camylla Battani for Unsplash