“Laughter”: Call for Submissions, Special Issue
American author Mark twain said it best when he wrote, “Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.” With the world ever balancing so much to cry about with so much to laugh about, The AutoEthnographer Literary and Arts Magazine is excited to announce its call for submissions for the 2023 special issue, “Laughter.”
Submissions will be accepted in any of our main categories (writing, poetry, multimedia, video, performance, etc.) through June 1, 2023 and may respond to the following prompts:
- Tell us a story of lived experience in a unique cultural setting where laughter served as an effective weapon or response.
- Tell us a story of lived experience in a unique cultural setting where laughter occurred intentionally or unexpectedly.
- Tell us a story of humor typical to a specific culture.
- Tell us a culturally-specific story where a well-intended plan backfired leading to laughter.
- Tell us a culturally-specific story where laughter is metaphorical or symbolic in some way.
- Tell us a culturally specific story where laughter broke through tension or lightened a mood.
Your work need not respond to the above prompts; these are merely suggestions or starting points. Learn more about how to submit your work by visiting: